Monday, March 29, 2010

Happy Monday or The Day Before Passover!

That's right, it's the day before my family comes to eat! That could be any holiday, but it's always a joy to see them and I love cooking for them. Maybe it's a Mom thing, or a Jewish thing, but whatever it is---I love to see them eat! I wasn't sure I was going to be cooking this year. Money is non-existent this year and certainly didn't include making a whole lot of extra food, but Larry and Tina stepped up and bought most of the food for Passover. No, it's not what I would have bought, but it was the thought that counts in this case, and I'll make do. I really hate being like this. At 60 you never think you're going to be getting from your children instead of the giving ones. It makes me sad that life has turned out like this for us. Next week Barry is will be taking his .Net test. I hope he passes and then can finish up his first test he didn't pass. It's like pulling teeth to get him to move along. I know he wants to, it's just he's a bit afraid of what's out there. That's my opinion about it.
Do you like the card? It's made using a Verve Plain Jane stamp. I saw a nice simple layout similar to this one made by one of the designers for Verve and thought it was so pretty just showing off the verse. I think I must be the only one who likes it because it's not selling on ebay at all. Neither one of the ones I made using this stamp sold. I guess they don't know what they're missing!
Take care, have a blessed day,
Hugs,
P

2 comments:

  1. Paula - love all the bright colors! So cheerful after all the rain we've had. We've been lucky to have 24 hours of nice weather once a week for about the past month. But the sun is supposed to be out most of this week. Yeah! But also Boo! No more excuse to not cut the grass.

    Enjoy all your family around the table. Now to the big question: are your matzoh balls floaters or sinkers?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card! I have this stamp too but it hasn't seen ink yet. I held off ordering and just got it last week.

    ReplyDelete