Friday, October 23, 2009

My Birthday Wishes

Oh yes, it's my birthday and I have lots of wishes. First let me tell you how my morning started--the smoke detector went off very, very, very early in the morning. Let's say it was near 4 AM! Barry had to get up and change the batteries. Of course I had to be his helper. Did he say at that point "happy birthday dear"? NO! When we finally went back to sleep until 6, did he say it then? Did he say it after I fixed his breakfast? I guess you get the point. He must be holding off for the big moment! I got a really pretty card in the mail yesterday from my friend Colleen. I've know Colleen for years. We go back to the Simply Sentiments days. They were really fun. Now most of us have gone our own ways. When SS was started online and as a magazine, it was a small group and we all felt like family. It's nice to hear from a few of them. I'm just as bad in staying in touch. I sometimes feel I get overwhelmed by life. OK, so Barry didn't wish me a happy, but yesterday while he was getting gas, bought me a Mega Million ticket. One set of numbers. I think for my birthday I should win. It's the only fair thing to do! If I don't win MM, I have a line of numbers for Saturday's Lotto. Just think, I could be a winner twice!
Tonight we're going to dinner with the kids. I'm looking forward to that. It's always a treat to see them.
Well, I'm off to do something. I've made a few new cards and posted them in my eBay store. Go and check them out. It's much easier to buy mine and have them all done then to take out all your holiday "stuff" and do it yourself. I know it is!!
Hugs to all and thanks for all the birthday wishes! They make me feel so special!
P

5 comments:

  1. Your card is simply adorable! Love the fun papers and snowflakes. Happy birthday and best of luck with those lottery tickets! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay sorry for the previous post.didn't realize my DD had signed into google on my account and I appeared at her G account,lol.
    cute card Paula!
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEAR!!!!hope your evening will be better and you'll enjoy the time with your family.
    hugs,
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday Paula. Hope your evening out was lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oops, I'm late. Well, the celebration will have to be extended. Hope you had a great day, and another one today. Paula

    ReplyDelete