Monday, October 26, 2009

Give Til It Helps!

Aren't they the sweetest son's a Mom could have? Of course the answer is YES! I took this picture on Friday night when we went out to dinner for my birthday. It was a great success! Dinner was good, company was better and I got some wonderful presents! Gift cards from everyone, and Evan added some money---perfect timing---since I had a cell bill due! When we came home from dinner I checked the Verve Forum over at SCS and I'd won a free set of my choice from the new releases! All in all, I'd say a pretty good 60th birthday!
Now I'd like to get to something else near and dear to my heart. You may have notice the donations link I've had on my right sidebar for a while now. It's finally gotten it's name. This time, every year, I collect for the American Cancer Society. Even in bad times, especially in bad times, people need help! If your new to my blog, or even if you've followed me for a while you may or may not know that my own husband got Bladder Cancer about 2 1/2 years ago. The course of treatment was to remove the bladder and now he wears a bag. I am the caregiver. His hands shake sometimes and he's unable to change it for himself. I do this 2-3 times a week. I say all this because I want to you know that I'm speaking from the heart. What I'm asking of my fellow stampers is if you like my blog and think it's worthwhile to come and check us out, please give ONE DOLLAR! All money, along with my collections from my 15 neighbors on my list, will be sent to the Cancer Society at the end of the month. I understand if you can't or don't want to donate. It's a hard time for everyone, but my thanks in advance if you can. I'm not asking for 100's of dollars, just ONE.
Come back again soon and check out the new cards I'm making for the holiday's. They get better and better!
Hugs and Love to all who enter!
P

No comments:

Post a Comment