Monday, January 18, 2010

A Fun New Flower To Try


From now until Feb 4, Whimsie Doodle is having a sale on everything in the store!! That's right rubber stamps and digi images! All you have to do is go and shop and then add PAULA20 when you check out and you'll get 20% off everything in the store!!! HURRY, HURRY over!
Don't forget the big sale over at Whimsie Doodle. You can get this cute saying that can be used for dozens of different cards you want to make!
Today's card features a nice big paper flower. I saw this idea over at SCS and just had to try my hand making one. I think the ones I saw had about 10 punches, but due to what I had left in the music paper, mine has only 8. I think that's plenty. I punch the layers out with my SU punch and then added a brad to the center to hold them all together. I started with the top layer and just keep mushing them up and around each other. I added some ink to the edges and a little glitter. I found this button on my desk and just glued it in the center right over the brad. I live the way it turned out. The papers are some more of the BG Sugar Rush. I wish I had another pad of it, but that would be wishing for the moon right now!
Barry went back to school today. He wasn't sure about it until this morning. He had a bad night, but I'm so proud that he's at least trying to start school again. He really needs to finish and get a job....I'm praying!
My plans include waiting for the cable guy this afternoon. Last night we lost our Internet connection and they didn't know why, so they're coming to check it out. You can see we have it again today. Don't know where the problem is, but I'm so glad to have my computer working again!!
Have a wonderful day and say safe and warm!
Hugs,
P

1 comment:

  1. Wow! What a great card! I love those BG papers too but haven't gotten any yet. That flower is fabulous! I've totally got to try one! I'm so happy to hear Barry was feeling well enough to go back to school.

    Hugs~Shelly

    ReplyDelete