Thursday, July 8, 2010

The Sum Total of My Work Yesterday!


You know how some days you're so busy and nothing or no one could stop you, well yesterday was not one of those days! I always like to see what the Wednesday Challenge is over at SCS and if it looks good, play along. You can see I liked what I saw and played! The first card was made using a really pretty little set called Cup of Joy from Deedee's Digis. I know I've said it before, but the joy of printing your own images is that you can make them any size you want! I wanted the cup of flowers to be the size to fit in the circle. The papers I used were from Basic Grey. Some collections I have papers left over, but I don't think this is going to be the case for this group. The second card also used a digi image. The cowboy is from Bugaboo. I used a tool I've never used before. The "thought bubble". What a fun thing to do! I just added one before I printed, dragged the edges to make it the size I needed and printed the whole thing! The little verse at the bottom of the card is from Lizze Anne. The paper on this card is from my never ending stash. It's Cosmo Cricket. It's several years old.
Today it's suppose to rain big time, so I need to get a move on early in the day. I've changed up my shipping days for the summer months from my ebay store. I only ship on Monday and Thursday's now, so today is the day. I also have run out of A2 size envelopes! I bought 400 back in December, so I guess I must have sold a lot of cards! Thank goodness for my customers. If they only knew how much they have helped us out. I am so thankful I've had this gift to share with them!
Barry is still going to school, but for how long is anybodies guess. He's still waiting to hear if he'll get an extension again. The worse part is he's not getting the gift cards for gas for the car. I've had to put it in for him the last two weeks. It's money we can ill afford at this point in our lives. I did tell him last night if he's not going to go to school during the day, he can work at something, anything! It's easy for me to pull myself up when I feel down and depressed. I guess I've been doing it all my life, but for Barry it's become so hard. Now he's got to do it more then ever. I lay awake every night praying his chance will come. He's such a good person and really deserves a break in life. I know his is just around the corner!
Coffee is now calling me. I haven't had my first cup yet and I'm in need! Thanks for dropping in today. Hurry back!
Hugs,
P












3 comments:

  1. Your cards as gorgeous, as always! YOu've been a busy bee and these are just delish! Wonderfully done, my friend :) Blessings! x0x0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Afternoon Paula! Just love your cards sweetie. Love that cowboy one so much too! I have that paperline and I haven't used much of it and now you have given me an idea to make a card. I do love that cowboy image so much. Praying for you still sweetie that something comes up for Barry! I do know that something is around the corner! It is hard to be patient sometimes though. Just hang tight, God is up to something. Love & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these cards! They're so different but they're both adorable!!!

    ReplyDelete