Sunday, July 19, 2009

Surfer Girl


Well today is my last day of freedom. Tomorrow I start work at 5:30 AM at the job from HELL! I was hoping against hope that somebody else would call and offer a job or at least an interview, but that didn't happen. So now I'm going to start working tomorrow at the packing cell phone job! I just want to cry every time I think about the job. I can hardly walk on my feet now and after a trip to Sam's, I have to stay off my feet for a few hours. I worked a lot of years in retail and now I'm feeling the effects. Barry just says "now I know how he feels"! HE'S NOT WORKING! I don't know what he's waiting for. I did speak to him about seeing if WM will rehire him, but he didn't do anything about it yet. Can you tell I'm on EDGE?
I got all the wash done today and now I'm cooking dinner. I made a few cards yesterday and today. This is one I made this morning using a very old set of SU stamps. I think they are called Aloha. I can't part with the set. I found the small scrap of plaid paper and thought it would be nice and bright to use on this card. I love how it turned out.
Well, I'm off to finish up my chores. Have a great evening and I'll let you know how tomorrow goes.
Love & Hugs!

2 comments:

  1. This card is very cute Paula! I hope your day goes well tomorrow. I know what you mean about being on your feet...ouch! I don't know if I could go out into the real working world. I've been too spoiled staying home with the kids but I know that could all change pretty quickly in this day and age. Keep your chin up.

    Hugs,
    ~~Pam (cardcrazy)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just surfing and came across your blog. I've read your posts going back quite aways...my heart goes out to you. Wish I new a rich friend for you LOL The times now are so tough. My husband has been on his 3rd job since the beginning of the year but we are thankful that he has found employment. We are supporting our daughter and her family (well, paying their mortgage and whatever else we can do), our mortgage and my mother-in-laws'...cannot believe it but praise the Lord that somehow we are holding on!! our credit cards are growing but not sure what else we can do right now. Guess I just wanted you to know that there are many who understand your worry - Will pray for you tomorrow.
    On a happy note - you have an awesome creating talent !!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete