Wednesday, December 1, 2010

HAPPY HANUKKAH

What do you mean, Riley doesn't say holiday to you? We maybe not, but he is cute! Tonight is the first night of Hanukkah. We won't celebrate with the family until Sunday night. We're headed to Larry's this year. Since there's lots of nights of Hanukkah, we're safe! Barry and I will light our candles tonight and celebrate that we've gotten another year older, no wiser, just grayer! Such is life!
I'm still feeling yucking with a chest cold, but I have no time to feel sick today. Barry has an appointment with a VA doctor to see if he can get more monthly benefits. He only gets 10% now and it would greatly help if it were more. He hurt his back way back in basic training, so we'll see. Tomorrow he goes for the x rays. I've got tons of DT work to do, but that's going to take a back seat to his health for the next day or two. I will get some coloring in later, I promise!
It's short but sweet this morning. Time to get my act together and stop feeling sorry for myself today. Not enough card sales means no presents tonight for us, but at least we still have left over turkey from the weekend! And hopefully, we will be finished with it today and I won't have to look at another turkey meal for a while! Enough of a good thing!
Happy Hanukkah to all my friends and family who celebrate. During Passover part of the prayer is always "next year in Israel", during any Jewish holiday, I say "next year in Hawaii"!
Love you all,
Hugs,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment