Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Happy Yom Kippur

I know, it's a new shoe. What can I say! Last night started our holiday of Yom Kippur. It's the most holy of holidays for Jews. We fast, we pray, we pray alot more. It's the time we ask G-d to write in the book of life all good things for the coming year. It's the time we ask for forgiveness for all our sins and pray for good things for our family and friends. We wear soft shoes to Temple to pray. And then in my home as was in my mother's and Barry's, we break fast with diary. I really don't know why, but it's just our thing! When the children where home, I'm sure we had meat and soup, but not today.
So back to the shoe! Barry took me to Nordstrom's yesterday to get shoes for the wedding. I could become a shoe whore again so easily. I fell in love with dozens of pairs of shoes and only came away with 2 pairs. These are so soft and fit like a glove. The other pair is silver Tom's to wear after the ceremony. Now to get the dress hemmed.
Well, have a blessed day.
P

No comments:

Post a Comment