Tuesday, December 6, 2011

It's Beginning To Feel Like Winter!

It's so cold today. I think winter has finally arrived in North Texas! We even had a few snowflakes last night. Where was this weather all summer in our 100 degree heat! Oh well, at least I have a roof over my head!
Today's card is made using one of the new images from Whimsie Doodles. I wanted the snowmen to be in a snow globe. I think it worked out just fine!
Tonight is the Christmas party from my store. They are not very PC! Not only do they call it a "Christmas" party, it's at a church! Someday the message will get to people that not everyone celebrates Christmas! I have not ever nor will I ever have Christmas---I'm Jewish! All the gang is coming to our home on Dec 21 to light the candles and have dinner. It's a first for Mandy. I hope to make a special time for her so she can enjoy the holiday for many years to come. Tina is bringing a book she has that goes over the whole thing, with prayers and all the games played. I think deep in Mandy's heart she's a little afraid of what is going to be "Jewish"! It's so common in the South to see that. Jews do not have two heads and we don't eat non-Jews!
I have to get ready for work. It's from 11-5 today and then off for 3 whole days! Yea!
Have a good day and stay warm,
Hugs,
P

No comments:

Post a Comment