Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Think Cold!

Hey it's only 101 today---cool by any standards of heat in Texas in July! I thought maybe a nice holiday card would help ya with the heat! It does, doesn't it? I knew it would! Before you run and look in my Etsy store, it's not there. I made this last year for the holidays. Maybe I'll make some more, you know, just to cool off!
Life is pretty much the same at the Bloom Zoo. We had dinner at Larry's on the 4th, and Evan and Mandy showed up after dinner. They had just come back from visiting her parents in Houston. It's so nice to see my boys. Just because Larry is going to be 40 at the end of the summer, doesn't make him any less my "boy" then before!
I finally got one get well card made today. Barry is working all week at the newest of the part time jobs because the lady who he works for is ill. I got the one card made and that's it. I hurt my back over the weekend and it kills me to sit! I'm OK when standing or walking, just not sitting! My old body seems to be breaking down bit by bit!
Oh well, I'm off to try and figure out how to make a go of it until next Wednesday. I was able to pick up some food at Alberston's yesterday for the next few days. Now to make it last for another week. Barry gets his SS next Wednesday! It seems like a long time coming! I just keep praying for something to change. And I don't mean worse!
Hugs,
P







1 comment:

  1. Beautiful card, Paula!!! Your heat there is awful. makes Florida seem cool. :)

    I'm so sorry that you hurt your back. I hope it heals up soon.

    Check with food banks at your local churches about getting some food to get you by until Barry gets his check. They're there to help people and you don't have to attend that church. Also, if you have a Council on Aging (that's what it's called in this state - may be a different name there) check with them to see if you are eligible for monthly free food. You two worked and paid taxes all of these years - let the government help you out if they can. I'm praying for you. Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete